View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,517 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Attention Nov 07, 2021 at 09:30 AM

My phone started ringing about 4:30 this morning. It would ring a couple of times and stop. I figured it was someone making prank calls. Then it rang and kept ringing. Meanwhile I could hear my neighbor's dog barking nonstop.

I got up to answer the phone. I am not at my brightest when woken in the middle of the night. It's my neighbor asking if I'm okay. Huh? Mumbled something to the affirmative wondering why she called in the wee hours of the morning -WAKING ME UP- to ask. Then she tells me BG is at their house.

Now I'm totally confused. I'm trying to figure out how he got out of the house in the middle of the night. Grope around to find my glasses and stumble out to the living room where Beeg is curled up on his bed. I tell the neighbor Beeg is home. Her response? No he is at their house. I look at Beeg again. Like I said I'm not particularly bright when woken in the night. I tell her I'm looking at Beeg.

Now it's her turn to be confused. She says the dog is a white with brown spots pit bull and real friendly. Am I sure it's not BG? Yep, I'm sure it's not Beeg. I thanked her for checking on us and got off the phone.

Gave the Beeg a scratch on the head which woke him up. That's right he slept through the whole thing! I toddled off back to bed.

This morning I'm wondering who the strange dog was and where he came from. I hope no one dumped him off in the middle of the night.

Last edited by lizardlady; Nov 07, 2021 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: fix typos
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, possum220, SybilMarie, Yaowen