Thread: Not surviving
View Single Post
cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Nov 07, 2021 at 09:33 PM

I would have said something similar to this at one time. I promise you that you can come back to life and that there is the potential to have a good life after trauma. The journey to healing is one day at a time. sometimes one moment at a time. I hope you will find healing.

It sounds like you carry a lot of anger, and that feeling is valid. I carry it too. You can channel that fire for change. Sometimes my motivation is the audacity to get back up, choose happiness, and show these people who wounded me that they did not win. And that they will never, ever win. Use that fire and turn it around, use it to become a phoenix. Use it to prove them wrong and how amazing you actually are. Say "HA! You do not define me!" Get a little sassy. Of course, you need to realize that you are a valuable, wonderful person. Reclaim your sense of self-worth and learn to love and accept yourself. I know depression has been called anger turned inward. I think of this as self abuse. Send that fire outward in a constructive healthy way and use it as a tool.
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote