View Single Post
cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Nov 11, 2021 at 05:22 PM

Thank you! @Yaowen.

I'm not really asking or expecting financial advice here. I'm trying to figure how to deal with my parents. My dad in particular, while this is going on. What kind of boundary do I need to set so he will leave me alone. Technically, this is my business and not his business. Yes, it could affect him but these are my loans. I need to figure out how to handle and deal with my parents and how they are about finances and money. Their perspectives and approaches I disagree with and find offensive, cruel and heartless.

The man who does my parent's taxes had a stroke during tax season. My parent's taxes were filed late. I was present when my dad called this man and harassed him because they have to pay $45 on a late fee. And he tore this man apart. There was a long pause where the man said, "You know I had a stroke and spent months in the hospital, right?" And my dad just shrugged and said he wanted his money and he shouldn't have to pay this fee. I was absolutely horrified. This is how my parents are about money. They don't care if you almost die. They don't care if you're homeless. They don't care if you went through trauma or tragedy. Money is all that matters.

I don't live this way or feel this way about money. I don't know how to handle them being this way about money. I just don't want to be harassed or manipulated into doing another chapter 13 bankruptcy or anything else.

Hugs from:
nonightowl