View Single Post
SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Default Nov 14, 2021 at 04:59 AM

My T tells me all the time that my OCD-like tendencies are about me wanting to be in control, as in to prevent something I'm anxious about.

I do a lot of things that indicate to her that I might have OCD, which she says she has seen in some veterans with PTSD.

I don't have an official diagnosis, but my T reminds me whenever I have tendencies, like every year I go through and donate, pack up my stuff, and do this ritual of having to clean my apartment - no matter how tired I am with CFS/ME, and how much it will put me on bedrest for a few days after. I also skin pick occasionally, wash my hands way more than the average person does - ever since this pandemic started, use about 60 individual wash cloths per day to dry my hands after every wash or use them to open up cabinets, so as to prevent fomite transmission (yes, this pandemic has worsened me to the point of thinking that germs are everywhere). I have this fear of contamination sometimes, but my dissociative disorder helps me to switch at other times to something else. It's really funky what's going on with me.

For me, the "control" thing makes sense because I am anxious about bad stuff happening to me or anyone I know, and I want to control in order to prevent it.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
zapatoes