View Single Post
Erecura

Member Since Nov 2016
Default Nov 14, 2021 at 01:17 PM

I've been thinking about going into therapy, but when I hear other people's stories, I feel like my issues are laughable. I've been treated for depression and anxiety in the past, but it's never been anything major. I feel like a drama queen when thinking about seeking help and maybe I am...

I'm at a really good place at work right now, I have good relationships with my coworkers. I'm even getting some recognition for my art work and might pursue that path as well. I have my close friends, I have a partner for over 5 years and we live together and a family that supports me. Usually people see me as very well put together, some even have said that they envy me how I seem to have everything figured out. And it's true... I have everything figured out, I know exactly what I want from life and I try extremely hard to get it.

At the same time... I can't stop feeling like I'm noot good enough for any of that. Like I'm a failure but nobody can really see it. I still push myself really hard to be better but nothing feels like enough. And not only for myself, none feels like enough. I always feel like there is something imperfect that needs to be changed and done differently and it always makes me doubt everything. I can't really enjoy anything that I do, but I do it because I want to prove to myself and everyone esle that I am good enough and even better. But at the same time, it all feels totally empty and meaningless. I push myself and I push and push and everytime I feel like I get pushed right back to being imperfect and weak and I hate myself for it.

But if someone would ask if I struggle at work, in relationships or in my private life, no I don't... everything's perfect, I just really hate it and can't get any pleasure out of it and I don't know why.
Erecura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel