Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,712 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 15, 2021 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinkL3 View Post
There's a book about the magic of tidying by Marie Kondo. In her books, she discusses the KonMari method (based on Japanese culture). She states that it's okay to thank your gifts and other things you plan to donate or put to rest, and then to release them. That way, you honor them as gifts, but you do not need to feel guilty about giving them away or releasing them to the abyss (when you throw them in the trash). So that's one method.

If you feel like your life is empty without all that stuff, you could perhaps speak with a therapist that specializes in anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder to help. You may not have OCD, but you could have anxiety, based on what you described. They could help with finding you an organizer, who can help you through the process of giving things away. That's another method or idea.

Here are some mental health resources for hoarding disorder:

Mayo Clinic

American Psychological Association (APA)

American Psychiatric Association

International OCD Foundation

The Center for Treatment of Anxiety and Mood Disorders

Cleveland Clinic

Very Well Mind

Very Well Health

Social Work Today

Medical News Today
Thank you for the links.

Dear Diary today will be different today I can smile it will be genuine because today is the day I get to live.

This life will be good and beautiful, but not without heartbreak.

In death come peace. But pain is the cost of living.

Like love, it's how we know we're alive.

And life goes on.

That my life weird, messy, complicated, sad, wonderful, amazing, and above all epic and I owe all to Stephen. - Eleanor Gilbert Vampire Diaries
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3