View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 16, 2021 at 01:43 AM

SprinkL3, you need to take care of yourself. I used to be prediabetic also and lost weight quickly by going on an exercise and diet regimen. I walked about five miles a day and ate nothing but chicken salads for a while with nuts and dried fruit. I think you should really be proactive about your health first and foremost. I was also obese once but lost weight as I mentioned. I was over 100 pounds overweight and now am about 20 to 30 pounds overweight. I am a lot healthier now and have more stamina. I am also more attractive and this has helped with my self-esteem. I am not high maintenance but do try to take some time to look good on a daily basis.

I understand your perspective about being an Asian female with a disability. I urge you to find self-confidence in who you are by taking care of your health and appearance. This will go a long way. My mother was from the opposite spectrum and always told me looks don't matter. B.S! Appearances matter in this world, unfortunately. And, they matter more in the Asian parts of this world. I don't mean you should dye your hair blonde and wear blue contacts. I mean look your best to feel good about yourself. I look pretty good for my age- about 20 years younger. It has helped me at times. Some women are mean to me despite this, but I don't really worry about it. I think from my perspective what other people say or do to you is not as important as how you feel about yourself. Please don't worry too much about racism, ageism, or any -isms. Please worry about your health and appearance. I promise you that you will feel better about yourself once you have your health and appearance under your control. I am also a victim of racism and ageism. I say heck to that. Nobody is perfect. But, how we feel about ourselves is important. So, let the naysayers do as they please. If they feel like kicking us around, so be it. But, if you feel good about yourself, no matter what others say or do to you, you should stand tall and be proud of yourself.

Just my two cents.
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3