SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Nov 17, 2021 at 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyfingers View Post
Hello, wondering if anyone can help me. I am struggling, currently I'm struggling with anxiety and body image issues which leads to eating issues. Today a close relative posted a picture of me that I hate and refused to take it down. It makes me feel sick and disgusted by myself when I look at it, tried to explain this to them but they won't listen. I feel awful both because I feel this way about myself and because of the fact that I have such a strong reation to this image. I've been in therapy for most of this year because I had dark depressive thoughts earlier this year which led me to attempt. It doesn't feel like it's working. I'm a high school senior and currently back in pyschical school but I have no friends there I am just alone by myself I have no one to talk to or to ask what to do. I lso live in a home where my father is verbally abusive to my mother I live i fear everyday that he will use brute force agaisnt her or me. I hate my life I used to want to run away but not I just have gotten back into the place of wanting to end it all. I don't know what to do. Has anyone ever experienced this before?
@stickyfingers - are you in the US or a different country? If you are in the US, I could give you a few resources and hotlines that you can call to assist you with your abusive family.

Also, it sounds like your close family member is not respecting your boundaries. While they might have legal right to post a picture of you on their social media site, you might also have legal civil rights of your own, depending on how that picture is being used. If you are alone in that picture, it's really wrong of your family member to do that. However, if you are with someone else in that picture, then perhaps your family member posted it for other reasons, such as perhaps that is the only photo of that particular memory that your family member cherishes. But it does sound like your family is toxic, based on your descriptions.

If you are in the U.S., and you feel your life or someone in your home's life is in danger, you can always call 9-1-1 or the non-emergency line (2-1-1 or 3-1-1) in your area. One of those lines can also give you a few hotline numbers as well - some local, some national.

RAINN, the Domestic Violence hotlines, and other hotlines can assist you, too.

If you are in a different country, you can try doing a google search for hotlines and crisis organizations that can help, perhaps.

Be safe, and let us know how things are going.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Fuzzybear