Have Hope
Wise Elder

Have Hope has no updates.

5 yr Member
3,617 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 20, 2021 at 07:51 AM

AND..... I asked for feedback as to WHY I was being passed over for this role, and I received NO response. She had even written in her rejection letter to me that they want to keep the door open with me in case another suitable position arises.

I went to my parents' home for dinner and they asked if my interviewers were all men, and I said YES. They think it's agism and sexism at play. I told my parents that I thought my presentation was really good and well thought out. Perhaps they don't want a female on the team who is talented. WHO KNOWS?!? I certainly don't know and I'm scratching my head. I mean, I put hours of work into that presentation. HOURS. And I did think it through THOROUGHLY. I gave them my best recommendation for website content, and it was well built out as a strategy to drive more traffic and business to the website.

One of my best girlfriends tells me to view it as a learning experience and to gain from it whatever I can. And the truth is, I CAN learn from this experience because I had never built out that kind of a content strategy before, so it was in fact a beneficial exercise for me to do. Perhaps this will benefit me down the road somehow. I am trying to see the silver lining here and to place a more positive spin on the whole experience.

Nonetheless, being rejected yet again and being a finalist FOUR TIMES in a row, and then being rejected really smarts and SUCKS.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3