sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

sarahsweets has no updates.

5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 21, 2021 at 04:39 AM

Hey @SprinkL3 and @Aviza- I started having symptoms when I turned 40. Of course I had blood work turn out normal hormone wise and my MALE doctor poo-pooed it as me being to young and sort of letting me wing it. I had other health issues going on as well. I went make to this doctor and he said I needed to have a uterine biopsy to r/o cancer and other reproductive issues. SO painful done right then and there and awful cramping. Well he said that was normal too. No elevated hormomes.
So I suffered. I say suffer because I do. Beyond hot flashes. Its like my body doesnt work right. I have zits like a teenager, sexual issues, and all the normal symptoms. I have always had insomnia issues but sleep trained myself and had it managed for 10 years. Well the insomnia has been off the hook. That and menopause brain. So I found a female gyn- midwife. Same deal, blood work and ANOTHER BIOPSY!! Well that biopsy helped affirm what I was going through but it was invasive and painful. I joined a support group (actually more informational) on facebook and have learned so much. Do you know there is no "requirement" for a certain level of hormones in blood, urine or tissue to 'confirm' menopause. That is old school thinking. Actual current science that isnt a 100 years old supports taking women at their word and worrying about the labs later. Help the symptoms. So I am trying one of those fem rings that goes in you know where for 90 days at a time. It has low dose estrogen and to protect myself from the cancer risk she has me taken oral progesterone as well. I cant tell if its doing something drastic but some symptoms are lessoning. I will be considering something topical as well. 'menopause' is supposed to be the name of the condition once your period has stopped for a full year as in "i completed menopause"
. Perimenopause is all the crap and skipped periods or double periods that you deal with for years and years. I disagree with that take. I think its been a year with no periods for me and I have been having the same exact symptoms for three years. I do not think I have completed menopause.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3, Tart Cherry Jam, unaluna, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
*Beth*