Account Suspended
SprinkL3 has no updates.

2 yr Member
10.9k hugs
given
Smirk Nov 21, 2021 at 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Hey @SprinkL3 and @Aviza- I started having symptoms when I turned 40. Of course I had blood work turn out normal hormone wise and my MALE doctor poo-pooed it as me being to young and sort of letting me wing it. I had other health issues going on as well. I went make to this doctor and he said I needed to have a uterine biopsy to r/o cancer and other reproductive issues. SO painful done right then and there and awful cramping. Well he said that was normal too. No elevated hormomes.
So I suffered. I say suffer because I do. Beyond hot flashes. Its like my body doesnt work right. I have zits like a teenager, sexual issues, and all the normal symptoms. I have always had insomnia issues but sleep trained myself and had it managed for 10 years. Well the insomnia has been off the hook. That and menopause brain. So I found a female gyn- midwife. Same deal, blood work and ANOTHER BIOPSY!! Well that biopsy helped affirm what I was going through but it was invasive and painful. I joined a support group (actually more informational) on facebook and have learned so much. Do you know there is no "requirement" for a certain level of hormones in blood, urine or tissue to 'confirm' menopause. That is old school thinking. Actual current science that isnt a 100 years old supports taking women at their word and worrying about the labs later. Help the symptoms. So I am trying one of those fem rings that goes in you know where for 90 days at a time. It has low dose estrogen and to protect myself from the cancer risk she has me taken oral progesterone as well. I cant tell if its doing something drastic but some symptoms are lessoning. I will be considering something topical as well. 'menopause' is supposed to be the name of the condition once your period has stopped for a full year as in "i completed menopause"
. Perimenopause is all the crap and skipped periods or double periods that you deal with for years and years. I disagree with that take. I think its been a year with no periods for me and I have been having the same exact symptoms for three years. I do not think I have completed menopause.
THANK YOU! This would totally make sense for me and my crazy symptoms that worsened drastically (weight gain >50 pounds in 2 months, acne all over, more moody than usual, worsening mental health symptoms, brain fog, fatigue worsening than it already was from 1996 on forward, increase of gray hair, increase of body hair, drastic increase in appetite about 5 years after onset of other symptoms, etc.). I believe I entered perimenopause around the age of maybe 41 or 42. I'm 47 now. My menses have been a little off, and their cycle is no longer 28 days; I'm now on a 24- to 26-day cycle with lighter flows that last only 5 days instead of 6. My BP has increased, my heart palpitations are off the hook every single night since my early 40s, my eyesight has blurred and drastically changed, and my life has slowed to a crawl. I used to get hot flashes around 2015 to about 2018, and then they kind of went away. My doctors were of no help to me. I don't know what to do, and I feel that us non-rich folk have to jump through hoops just to get a fraction of the care that the rich do. I'm sure that the rich would be diagnosed right away with all the tests that non-rich folk on insurance plans can't get. At least that's my take on all this.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets