Member Since Jul 2008
6,810 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Tongue Nov 21, 2021 at 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
Apparently If You Did Any Of These 40 Things Growing Up You Are Officially Old

I'm older than dirt. Many of these things didn't exist when I was growing up. Home computers? The computers I used took up several rooms, and I had to use a key punch machine, for example. Gee...
Me too but I knew that. Some of those things didn't exist when I was growing up either but I recognize some of them. But not eating ice cream out of a toilet paper holder, that brown paper thing..whatever you call that.

No downloading of songs! I still have my Walkman. It still works.

I remember using computers in the 80's that were bigger than my frig. Remember old fashioned adding machines where you punch the keys and it prints out. "While you were out" pink message pads. Cash registers that went "ding", hence the expression "ring up" (I'm guessing). Gas pumps that "dinged" after each gallon, 50 cents a gallon then.

One time one of my cassette's tape unraveled in the machine and got so tangled up I had to CUT the tape to get the cassette out. So I couldn't save it and it was ruined. I think it's sort of funny now but at that time I was so pissed! I didn't know it wasn't playing right until it suddenly stopped. And OPENING the cassette door was hard. That was the first step....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
I miss the sounds of a computer dialing different phones, was such a futuristic type of electronic noise. But don’t miss how long it took.

Miss phone books too. If you wanted to call someone you met at school you looked up their last name in the phone book.
I miss the sound of those old modems, that made that dialing sound. Phone booths, as cell phones don't always work right---so dependent on signal, battery strength and other stuff. But landlines WORK, even during a power outage or storm!

I also miss phone books. Also in those days people couldn't call you if you were unlisted! Now it seems anyone can find you. The printed phone books are so skinny now, and I have to ask for it. They are ONLINE now, but paper always works. I mean it's always there, you don't have to worry about a slow connection or slow page.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, RoxanneToto