Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 24, 2021 at 09:49 AM

Hi @Bg1992 - welcome to MSF My Support Forums. I am sorry you are not having the complete relief you were hoping for.

As members of a peer support site and not knowing the particulars of your situation, we cannot tell you if this would be the expected outcome for you. Sometimes the doc will say wait longer or sometimes they will adjust the dose, so to get that kind of detailed info, you are wise to share with your psychiatrist when you see them what is happening and let them advise you.

I am so glad you joined the MSF community. I really enjoy the people here because many understand what we are going through and empathize with our situation.

For myself, I also find I need an extra boost of energy so I do yoga by Adrienne and 5 minute Tai Chi, both on youtube. I also do cardio exercise or walking. When I start feeling down, the shower helps refresh me or a nap will help. I tend to do better when I stick to a diet with less carbs and more protein because I seem to have mood swings when I eat a plate of pasta or rice. It feels good at first but a couple hours later I am sinking into a darker place.

Look forward to hearing from you as you care to share. If you want a particular person to know you replied to their post, you can tag them by including @ sign and member name in your post like this @CANDC

When you have 5 approved posts you can access the chat rooms. There is 24/7 access but I like the moderated guided discussions best. On every other Thursday at 8PM Depression and Anxiety Chat meets in the Auditorium. Here is the link https://mysupportforums.org/chat It only works when you have 5 approved posts.

You start in the Coffeehouse then press Esc key and you see a menu. Select Auditorium when you want to go there but people usually hang out in the Coffeehouse until 8pm EST.

Take care. @CANDC
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote