View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,642 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 24, 2021 at 03:05 PM

I move in and out of having a deep feeling or sense of gratitude, and typically based on whether my current circumstances are more negative or more positive.

When my circumstances are tough and when I'm struggling through life and am feeling far more negative as a result, I get swallowed by that negativity and it practically swallows me whole. It isn't until I come out of a challenging or bad experience, that I feel a sense of gratitude for having made it to the other side, and for still standing in one piece, with both feet on the ground.

And God does this. God wants us to grow from our difficulties and from our struggles. God places those difficulties in our path on purpose.

Last night I was thinking what a quirky sense of humor.... I was in fact thinking that the higher power is twisted, given all that we go through and given all our suffering. BUT, I know that it's ALL for a higher purpose, and is serving a higher purpose - all our suffering is for the evolution of our soul's path and our soul's growth. And I believe that we choose to have such experiences on earth so that we CAN grow.

So, in moments when I am down and negative, I need to take a step back and regain an eagle's viewpoint of this fact of life.

And in those positive moments when I am feeling gratitude, I realize that it's all for my own benefit, really. And then, I feel even more grateful in knowing this... it's comforting, in fact. My suffering is not wasted energy or time - it's all for my growth and for a higher purpose I am serving. And if my suffering can help another in their time of need? Well, then it's served a purpose. And I can turn and lend a helping hand to someone else going through a similar struggle as myself. And perhaps I can be a shining beacon of hope and inspiration for that person.

So, I am grateful - for each and every struggle I've had in life. And for each and every time that God has come in to save me - just in the nick of time and just before I've lost ALL hope. I am MOST grateful for that.

What are you grateful for?

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Nov 24, 2021 at 04:14 PM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
Desoxyn