SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Help Nov 25, 2021 at 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshgirl View Post
Know this sounds like a cliche, but every woman is different.

My mother and aunt both had difficult lives around periods, both eventually had hysterectomies so I was dreading reaching that part of my life. Am not bragging in any way, but after a few heavy periods, everything stopped. Had a couple of uterine polyps but nothing serious.

Yes, my sleep pattern has changed. My hair is thinner. Trying hard to follow a nutritional diet. Losing weight has always been difficult. Don't mention the facial hair!

As for sex. Would love a passionate night (or two!) because, how can I put this, the desire is greater than before. A couple of "purchases" have helped but there's nothing like human contact!
I totally agree with your statement about every woman being different. The heterogeneity of menopause, including the time leading up to it (perimenopause), exists! I wished that there were more options for treatments and management of this - especially with comorbid issues that affect hormones, such as having certain mental illnesses, having certain reproductive disorders, and having thyroid issues.

I wished there were more meta analyses being done on this.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote