Account Suspended
SprinkL3 has no updates.

2 yr Member
10.9k hugs
given
Help Nov 25, 2021 at 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Well my dad was worried about me so I went ahead and booked my 3rd the week before Christmas, fingers crossed I don’t get a nasty reaction.

I just read that AZ antibodies fade around 5-6 months like Pfizer but AZ are claiming the T-cell response is higher and remains, if so that’s good news and would support mixing vaccines.
They don't allow AZ here in the U.S., but I've had Moderna for 3 full shots. So far, so good. But I also remain isolated, double-masked, sometimes goggled, usually fully clothed from head to toe, and double-gloved (disposable under cloth). I also spend time showering and doing other rituals after any potential exposure. So I act as though I'm fighting off the plague. I just can't afford to be an undiagnosed autoimmune case, since my nephew had a really bad breakthrough case of Covid-19, despite being fully vaccinated a month past his second jab. He said it was his autoimmune disorder, which runs in our family. So I freak out a little.

But I trust the vaccines. I just wished that they would stop competing and just create one vaccine for most, and then focus on finding the right ones for the severe risk populations (including increasing proper screening and diagnoses for them, too).

Lupus, GI problems, cancer, and prediabetes (not full diabetes) runs in our family, and so does obesity with 25% of my family. It's mostly my father's side (he's European American and no longer alive). My Japanese mother's side of the family seems to deal mostly with heart disease (not from obesity, but other factors), osteoporosis, etc. I lost a few of my mom's relatives to either heart disease or from things like one of them not being vaccinated with that one shot when you stub your toe. He died from something completely preventable. Another one died of a heart attack, but she suffered from alcoholism. None of my family have CFS/ME, which I have. But I do have thyroid issues and some blood abnormalities.

Sorry, I kind of went off on a tangent here.

It's great to see how other countries are dealing with this pandemic. I'm right there with you all in the good fight. I just tend to go overboard a little (or maybe a lot).

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, hvert