View Single Post
Photonate

Member Since Apr 2019
111 hugs
given
Default Nov 25, 2021 at 12:04 PM

Hello. Let me start with, I hope this is the correct section for this topic (and also happy Thanksgiving!).

I'm creating this thread because I feel like I spend, if not waste, a lot of my 'spare time' doing things that personally don't make me feel very satisfied or good about myself and my life. Now, what I mean by 'spare time', is usually the time I would spend just doing more or less nothing, like watching TV or just casually browsing on or playing games on my phone, because I have nothing else to do.

This 'spare time' unfortunately makes up the majority of my daily life, so I might as well just say my time, and my life, instead of just my spare time. About the only productive thing I do that makes me feel satisfied and good about myself/life is reading articles or walking, which I usually do when my girlfriend is at work, and weather permitting, so even that is kinda limited and I feel like just aimlessly walking all day every day isn't going to get me anywhere/anything.

I want to have things to do that make me feel like I'm not just wasting my time/life, and things that make me feel productive, or like I'm gaining something, or growing, or improving something you know; preferably myself and like an ultimate goal.

I know most people usually have, and would recommend something like a hobby, but I can't find any hobbies that are very enjoyable and that can be done at home. I've tried things like coloring, drawing, word searches, etc. but like I said they aren't really very enjoyable for me usually, plus I feel like I can't just spend all day coloring or drawing especially when it's not very enjoyable.

So I guess I'm just hoping somebody can give some ideas or suggestions on some things I can do that would make me feel productive, or like I'm working towards something, and like I'm spending my time wisely. I know it would help to have like an ultimate goal of something I would want in life too, but I also struggle with that a lot of the time as well. Thank you very much for reading.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, RoxanneToto