SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Help Nov 25, 2021 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Yes I find it very interesting to read other countries reactions too, this thread has been more enlightening than many news reports for that reason - we’re all ordinary people on the ground.

Does the US have J&J? Because that is similar to the AZ I believe in that it uses the adenovirus so also has T cell response. Also I think the Russian and Chinese vaccines do too.

I really understand your caution, especially if you feel others around aren’t taking care. My niece had a nasty dose of covid too despite 2x vaccination. Yet before vaccinations were available my friend’s elderly father with several pre existing serious conditions had covid with no symptoms…. It’s quite perplexing.
Thank you @Discombobulated. BTW, not sure if you celebrate Thanksgiving in your country, but if you do, Happy Thanksgiving!

The US does have J&J, but it is not as affective as the others. In fact, the suggestions for boosters for a few months now have been for J&J recipients to get the mRNA vaccine - either the Pfizer full dose or the Moderna 1/2 dose booster. Some, like my friend, who received the one-shot J&J vaccine decided to "start all over" and receive the Pfizer first and second doses, almost pretending that he was "never vaccinated" (even though he was). He did fine with that, and he's in his late-50s with a few underlying conditions. He is a trainer at the gym, so he's survived Chicago living at the gym this entire time with one mask. Here I am afraid to go anywhere, and I wear a double-mask whenever I do.

For those who are immunocompromised, they've been able to get the full Moderna "booster" (though they don't call it that for the Moderna 2nd shot for J&J or 3rd shot for either Moderna or Pfizer two-series shots; they just simply call it the 3rd jab or 3rd shot in the series or something to that effect). They (the government, including the CDC and FDA here, like to keep us confused, it seems, LOL

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated