SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Help Nov 25, 2021 at 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyfingers View Post
Had an okay day today, didn't get any school work done which I'm not proud of. Not feeling so great now my Dad came home and hour and a half late from drinking and then brought with him someone who has had COVID and only has 1 shot of the vaccine to my 82 year old Grandad's birthday dinner which was just supposed to be only the five of us. Feeling overwhelmed and upset that he constantly disrepects and disregards us like this. Feeling scared for my family's health safety.
Safe thoughts @stickyfingers - I worry about that with my 86-y/o mother, since her caregivers (my niece and her boyfriend/baby daddy) are both unvaccinated, and she's living with bar-goers (her caregivers and my sister) who don't care either. They are having Thanksgiving today, and they've likely invited more anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers to their event. It's hard to cope with that. There were already a few people whom I know who passed away from birthday, Spring Break/Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas celebrations last year. It's just sad how people are so inconsiderate of others - selfish, really.

The best way we can cope is to create a journal of our enemies, I think. I remember some creative writing journal that Julie Cameron's "The Artist's Way" book describes. It's a way to vent out all of our frustrations while also helping us with our creative writing styles and even our writer's block. I think her book deserves more credit for coping skills than it has received. I wished more T's would acknowledge that it is okay to call the antivaxxers and antimaskers selfish - because it's true, and it's not good to candycoat or give in to their lies, excuses, etc., anymore. It's part of grief and loss, it's part of pandemic stress, it's part of a lot of what's wrong in today's age. Like trauma being preventable from people inflicting trauma, so, too, is Covid-19 a preventable trauma (medical trauma, grief-and-loss trauma, relational loss trauma due to disabilities, career-loss traumas due to disabilities, etc.).

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Deilla, Discombobulated, stickyfingers