View Single Post
DevastatedinAZ

Member Since Nov 2021
Default Nov 26, 2021 at 01:45 AM

I have stayed in therapy to work on myself. Discussions with my spouse have open up recently and we discussed the relationship at length and I asked if about couples therapy…

She said, “I don’t know…” (minor win!)

Later in the 4hr conversation, we talked about it, felt she might come around and asked again… She said, “Let me think about it. Im not giving you an answer tonight!” Fine! That is all I can ask for…

That was 2 weeks ago… During the last 2 weeks, we started texting, she called every other day, we were laughing and joking/teasing… I was on cloud 9 with optimism… If I could get her to couples therapy, maybe we will have a shot!

Yesterday morning, she called me, I shouldn’t have picked up but who knew, and she was in a bad mood.

Nothing I said or did was right… Almost like an ambush. And she told me, “Im done! Im done! Im done! I don’t want therapy! I don’t want reconciliation!” I said lets please hold onto this conversation and come back to it. You sounds quite angry. She said she made up her mind…

So this is tough… I was devastated and depressed because she filed for divorce on me… then for the past 2-3 weeks, things seem to tick up and there was a sense of optimism… and then yesterday it came crashing down… I almost feel played with or like a puppet. Sounds bad… but why tell me you are researching therapy and it yields great results. She asks for time to “think about it” and then just breaks me one morning because she is in a bad mood.

Back to being broken and devastated… depressed… sad… Not a great update.
DevastatedinAZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote