Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
42.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 26, 2021 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
I survived this Thanksgiving alone this year and now it's over. It turned out to be a pretty good day for me after all. I was very depressed this morning and part of the afternoon. Some people made it nice for me. My brother called this morning and I had not heard from him in about three months. My sister called in the middle of the afternoon. It went alright. I took a one hour bike ride after talking to me sister. And when I got back, my old college friend called and we had a nice chat. I didn't expect to hear from him, but deep down in my mind I was hoping he would call me, and he did!

For the first time in three years I prepared a Thanksgiving dinner for myself this time. In the other three years previously I got take-outs. It seemed like getting the take outs were a hassle. I was unsure how my dinner would come out, but it came out great. I wasn't too focused on preparing the dinner because my friend had called and we talked while I was cooking it. I had a Cornish game hen, by the way! The only drawback was that I didn't make stuffing because I didn't have any bread on hand. There wouldn't have been much stuffing anyways because that bird was so small.
I felt glad for you while reading this. I felt that you have more than you think you want. And I can relate. I spent my blessed holiday alone with my voices, who are not my friends, but I got to be myself, alone, so to speak.

"Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines."(Robert H. Schiuller)

Breaking Dawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Deilla, T4bbyCat, will19

Thanks for this!
will19