View Single Post
MuseumGhost
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2012
12.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 26, 2021 at 03:58 PM

Life has, at times, felt completely unbearable for me, too, SarahSweden. I think most people here can really relate to where you're at. We've all been there at one time or another.

Just being alive is a challenging situation. We normally get through it fairly smoothly, unless we're in some kind of pain, because that can make EVERYTHING feel worse.

If medications have not helped you (I know nothing about the Swedish Health procedures or methods), perhaps it's time to look into alternative, cognitive therapies (CBT & DBT) to get you through this rough patch. They help re-train your brain to turn off negative patterns in our thinking. CBT, especially, has helped me a great deal. And there have to be progressive doctors who can help you through this; and when you feel braver, online groups to check out.

Exercise, a very healthy diet, and getting as much sunshine as you can manage, early in the day, can also go a long way to improving our mood and helping move on from emotional pain and distress. There is no immediate pressure to do these things---start out small, and increase it as you are able.

I also like what Pachyderm wrote. Mindfulness has been an enormous help for me. When negative thoughts arrive in numbers, I distract myself with physical work, or things I simply enjoy doing. This can be enough to jump-start good chemicals in our brains, for short periods of time. Soon, it can become a healthy habit.

Simple acts of self-care have gotten me through tough times, and reminded me that where there's life, there's hope.

You've found the right place to find acceptance and understanding. Some of the Boards might move slowly, but people here are really kind, sincere, and helpful.

Wishing you a path out of those woods, and a light at the end of the tunnel.
MuseumGhost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SarahSweden

Thanks for this!
Bill3, SarahSweden, WovenGalaxy