SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah
SarahSweden has no updates.

8 yr Member
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 27, 2021 at 04:49 PM

Thanks. I do believe in different techniques and methods for self-improving and to feel better without having to rely on other people, for example health care. I see a group to do yoga once a week, it's arranged by the local health care center but itīs a way to feel a bit better.

Itīs though only possible to use different techniques and improvements to a certain extent as you canīt just isolate from society. By that I mean, I have to tackle all problems that come to me and I have to engage with people who create problems for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
For me, mindfulness has been about the only thing that has worked. People have different ideas as to what mindfulness is -- for some it seems to be some kind of nirvana, some kind of dreamy condition, but not the way I see it. Instead, it is being mindful about EVERY thought and feeling I have, even, or especially, the "bad" ones. I try to be a scientist to examine thoughts and feelings as a (n ideal) doctor or scientist would, to try to find out what they mean. I sometimes let my thoughts just go and see where they lead. I think I have figured out a lot in the process, though it takes time and is not easy. Often quite frightening. I try to stick with it.

It has worked for me. Doesn't mean it will work for you. Maybe you could examine this area of inquiry.

(I also have cats.)
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote