View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 27, 2021 at 05:06 PM

Thanks. Yes, Iīve thought of volunteering, walking and looking after other peopleīs dogs but as I donīt know from week to week how Iīll feel I havenīt done anyhing of that.

I feel I donīt have that much in common with most people and I donīt want to look for people where wqe share mental health care issues and not much more. . Also, as Iīm 40+, a man or a potential partner wouldnīt form a serious relationship with someone like me who lives on welfare and donīt work. I would then just be at home and heīll be working if I donīt look for someone in my own situation and I would never want that. I lack too much of what the "normal" person has gotten and has experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downandlonely View Post
If you don't feel that you can work full time, maybe you could try volunteering part time. I get a lot more fulfillment out of my volunteer work than I do from my paying job. Also, there is a lot you can do from home if you don't feel safe being out with Covid. I facilitate a few support groups via Zoom.

I don't know about dating, but I wouldn't just assume no one will want to be your friend because you're on disability. I have friends on disability, and my brother is on it as well. It doesn't mean I can't talk to them or hang out with them.
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3