View Single Post
Cocosurviving
Elder

Cocosurviving ❄️Happy Winter Solstice! ❄️Happy Kwanzaa!

10 yr Member
308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 27, 2021 at 09:12 PM

TRIGGER WARNING ⛔️ (long post)
Crimes Against Individuals with Disabilities
•I Recently Spoke with an Elder Family Member Abt This Topic. It’s Still Weighing Heavy on My Mind.

Crimes of Opportunity
•Some People will “Befriend” Folx with Disabilities, Seeking to Gather Info with the Sole Intent to Rob a Person with Disabilities.

•These People Ask If You Receive SSI/SSDI.
•Ask Your Disabilities and What Medications You Take.
•Ask If You Use a Bank or SSA Direct Express Card.
•Suddenly Take an Interest in YOU.

TRIGGER WARNING ⛔️
•My Auntie’s Best Friend from Childhood, an Elder was Robbed and Murdered along with her Son.

•They Left a Check Cashing Place, was Followed Home by a Complete Stranger. Who Robbed Them, Beat Them and Attempting to Cover Up the Crime by Setting Their Residence on Fire.

•When I Experience Brain Fog from Medications, I DO NOT Divulge the TRUTH to Most People I Interact with. I DO NOT Care What People ASSUME When I Experience Brain Fog.

•I Blame Insomnia/Sleep Deprivation, Out of Concern Someone will Target Me with the Intent to Rob a Disabled Person.

•Befriending is NOT the Only Method. Acquaintances, Family Members, Friends, New Romantic Interest, Can Prey on Individuals with Disabilities.

•While Visiting My Grandma, a Local Pastor and Family Friend, Asked What I Received Disability for. I Told Him it’s Private. I Learned He’s a Pain Med Addict. I Told My Mama and Grandma to use Caution.

•One of My Sisters was “Love Bombed”, a New Romantic Interest Came Over to “Netflix and Chill.” She Fell Asleep, Woke Up, He was Gone and so was Her Prescription Meds.

•My auntie, who transitioned December 20th, 2020, was born with a rare disease called “Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita.” She was in a wheelchair her entire life. My auntie was robbed while in her WHEELCHAIR.

•Individuals with Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita require home healthcare for LIFE. This rare disease is NOT a DEVELOPMENT disability. It DOES impact joints, joint/bone development, range of motion and susceptibility to bone fractures.

•If You have One Chronic Illness, important to remember Others have multiple Chronic Illnesses. Although this Might Not Pertain to You, It Does Pertain to Others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1). Depression
2). PTSD
3). Anxiety
4). Hashimoto
5). Fibromyalgia
6). Asthma
7). Atopic dermatitis
8). Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
9). Hereditary Angioedema (HAE-normal C-1)
10). Gluten sensitivity
11). EpiPen carrier
12). Food allergies, medication allergies and food intolerances. .
13). Alopecia Areata
Cocosurviving is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Pflowers, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Pflowers