View Single Post
Desoxyn
Metaphysic

Member Since Aug 2016
4,918 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 27, 2021 at 10:51 PM

I spent over an hour with the most frustrating things by trying to get the 50 dollars I made from the Brave Browser into a crypto exchange. I had to verify my wallet, download apps, use QR codes, take pictures of ID, find passwords - While reseting my old computer, thinking about replacing the battery. I used a bunch of YouTube tutorials with many failed attempts. In the end, I converted the crypto and sent it to one of my wallets and realized that there's a lawsuit agains the coin so I can only access it when the lawsuit is over. At least then, I was able to get it out of my old computer so I could reset it and have it done and over with.

I never understood how a classmate in high school would say "Let's just get the assignment done and over with" - It was foreign to me. I always had like 10 assignments pile up and then had to finish them all at the end of the semester.

I've been procrastinating so many things but I went into the chat on this site and asked people what to do about procrastinating. I was told to just try something that I want to do for 5 minutes + If I have too many things to choose from, to write a list.. But I have a pile of lists.. I just need to have patience. I've been procrastinating fixing my the Dyson fan that my dad got me last Christmas for months - And then decided, I should just do it right now - So I did.. I Googled the support webpage and figured out why there was a whistling noise in 5 minutes (I had to reset the fan).

I Googled "How to deal with impatience and frustration" and found this article;

Patience - Stress Management Strategies From MindTools.com

"Although some people are naturally patient, the rest of us need to practice, for it to become a habit. Becoming more patient won't happen overnight, but persistence can pay off!"

I think it really is a skill. I think, if I don't give up every time I want to do something, I realize that the more I fail, the better I can get at achieving things idk... I've always had problems with impatience in school - I'd fill out multiple choice questions on tests at random so I could leave the class early.
Desoxyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty, Sometimes psychotic