Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2015
211 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 28, 2021 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
What the heck is with the 61 people testing positive on the flight in the Netherlands? Were the pre-flight test results fake? The post flight results wrong? Do the rapid tests even work well enough to be useful? I am aware of too many false negatives for me to have any faith in those.
That's what a lot of people are wondering. A possible explanation is incubation time as it's quite a long flight. A less sensitive rapid test before departure and a PCR test after arrival? Unfortunately the quarantine enforcement in NL is highly lacking. People who arrived on earlier flights are being "advised/requested" to get tested and stay in isolation. Is anyone checking they actually do? Probably not.

13 cases of the new variant have been confirmed now.

I heard there were also 1 or 2 cases in Australia. I assume those people are now in strict isolation but I still wonder how. Wasn't Australia the country with some of the strictest rules, not even letting their own citizens come back into the country? How do they suddenly have people returning from Africa with a new virus variant?

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, SprinkL3