Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trophy Nov 28, 2021 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
I posted this for support of OP mainly, to share my experience for her. This happened in 2016.

I no longer care. Superficial friendships are okay too, if it continued. No he's not obligated and neither am I. I'm not a mind reader either. How am I supposed to know? He just stopped talking to me, so I drew my own conclusions.

Not saying rejection is easy, but after all that I don't want to talk to a man acting like a teenager.
By him “not talking” to you do you mean you came up to him and starting talking and he stared at you and refused to respond? Or he walked away? Or you kept texting and emailing and he never answered? Maybe he could say the same that you stopped all communication after he asked you out. Did you want him to initiate?

I think the issue is ton of assumptions and unreasonable expectations and lack of communication. If you were ok with texting and emailing how was he supposed to know you aren’t ok with casual outing? Festivals (festivals don’t imply touching do they?) and possibly even ball room dancing invite isn’t a marriage proposal. It might this not even be anything romantic at all. Sounded as he was ok talking to but not ok hanging out with in person. How was he supposed to know you have trouble with dancing?

I think it’s all miscommunication but this dude made sound like a villain. Well maybe he is., but maybe he isn’t

Last edited by divine1966; Nov 28, 2021 at 04:00 PM..
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3