View Single Post
lovableball

Member Since May 2021
28 hugs
given
Default Nov 29, 2021 at 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WovenGalaxy View Post
Thank you so much for your encouragement and validation.

I am so sorry to hear someone criticized you in a situation you are already uncomfortable in, and in front of others. That was wrong of that person imo.

I hope you find the right job for you, too.

What you said resonated so much for me. I agree that checking out jobs is okay, especially if I can afford to. I also agree that I'd love to find something ultimately, that I love or like to do with my time for 8 hours s day, 5-6 days a week. That's a really good way of putting it and I hadn't thought of it that way before. I am currently exploring careers. I'm taking a class at my local community college this winter / spring. And I may need to explore more than just this one program, because I have more than one interest. I'm going to take a medical records 101 class. But I also think I'd be good at their sign language program as well as being a direct support professional. I just don't want to overwhelm myself - both socially and with giving myself too much to do / decide. Gathering information is good. I will be gathering information over time.

Thanks again.
You're welcome! Absolutely, take as slow as you need. I've come to a point in my life where I do not believe in the relativity of most things anymore–no one is going faster or slower than me, because realistically we're all going at different paces.

I'm learning ASL too! It's such a useful communication tool for our brothers and sisters in the physical disability spectrum–plus, mute people are ironically the best people I've ever "talked" to! They're such kind and beautiful people that deserve the world.

Good luck on whatever career path you choose! I hope all goes well
lovableball is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
WovenGalaxy