View Single Post
hvert
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
3,786 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 30, 2021 at 07:50 AM

@Discombobulated that is a very big shift in vaccine policy, a little alarming, in fact. It seems very smart with omicron and Christmas on the way. I hope you can get your appointment moved up and what a relief to have a slot already booked now that it's being opened up to everyone. The booster roll out here continues to be a mess. A couple of pharmacies ran out and just put up signs instead of canceling people's appointments.

@BreakForTheLight That's a good point that the flight is long, I forgot about that. A crappy rapid test pre-flight and a more sensitive PCR test afterwards could also explain it. Months ago, I'd read that fake test results before flying were pretty normal in some countries and wondered if that could be the case in SA. I saw a headline this morning about people faking vaccine cards and test results to get into Canada. The quarantines are a joke here and have never been enforced. Just about everyone I know who has thought they had Covid went out to the grocery store to stock up while waiting for the test results or before they got the test. It's crazy.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, SprinkL3