View Single Post
InkyTinks

Member Since Aug 2021
32 hugs
given
Default Dec 01, 2021 at 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinkL3 View Post
I was thinking the same thing - that just when I was going to try and get used to more in-person stuff, Omicron shows up. I'm playing it safe regardless.

I just hope that this time the world gets vaccinated enough so that we can slow these mutations.

Problem is by the time they've made vaccinations specifically for this variant they'll probably be another!

They don't know whether current vac's will protect against it and the symptoms are nothing like the other variants....more extreme fatigue and muscle aches and pains which is same as a lot of different neurological conditions including my own! I've had those symptoms daily since my mid 30's (now early 50's!) does that put me at an advantage (cos I already have coping strategies in place) or a disadvantage cos getting omicron on top would make them even worse?

I'm not bothered about being on my own another winter I get a new console and games for xmas so I'll have plenty to fill my time between them and looking after my dog, but not knowing what the effects may be when someone can come into my home with no physical symptoms...For example... its a legal requirement to allow a gas servicing of the boiler every year which is always a complete stranger and in my country I'm required by law to give them access or get evicted.

They will wear full PPE if you insist and you can stay in another room or have someone else to oversee them but it doesn't stop the feelings of anxiety.
InkyTinks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3