SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Dec 01, 2021 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Yes that sounds sensible, I think absorbing yourself mentally into other activities is a great idea - I know we don’t *know* each other irl but from your posts here I can tell how intelligent and thoughtful a person you are. I sometimes wonder if extremely active brains can be our own worst enemies with anxiety. Occupying ourselves in other mental workouts seems a good plan!

My T just told me yesterday, after diagnosing me officially with OCD, that she thought the same thing - that I was intelligent, that I have an academic mind, and that I should try to find a hobby to help me get my mind off of things that I'm obsessing about. I told her that I want to, but my mind wanders right back to the stuff I fear - the Covid stuff. She said it has a lot to do with my PTSD, and that she has helped other clients with these things. She said I need to take baby steps toward desensitizing, so one small step is just not reading the news so much. It's hard though. I use the news to help me figure out how to keep myself safe - but in reality, I'm just reinforcing my need to isolate, overly obsess and freak out, etc.

I do think it's our brains that get us into trouble.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated