View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 01, 2021 at 05:56 PM

I think my biggest concern would be that apparently my therapist had been living in a cave since Friday morning. I mean, if she traveled for Thanksgiving, I could understand her maybe not paying attention to any news until her return. But it being Wednesday now--I'd like to think she'd have *some* awareness of one of the things that's currently topping the headlines, even if she didn't know the latest details.

The rant would bother me, too. I guess my T has had some sort of mini-rants about past political (he knows we share similar views) and Covid stuff, but they were maybe a minute or two and tied closely into something I was ranting about. So more like commiserating.

This sounded like your T was having her own meltdown in processing the information and put you in an awkward situation (plus taking away time for you to talk about your own stuff). And with her asking you questions about it--it sounds like she was using her as her news source.

I feel like I'd say something, though not sure exactly what. Ideally, she'd start next session by apologizing, but she also may not have realized how long she went on or how it might have felt to a client. You could say something like, "At the end of last session, you seemed to get really upset about Covid, and I wasn't sure how to handle it." or "and it took over the rest of the session." Or something like that?
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Favorite Jeans, Quietmind 2