View Single Post
SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Default Dec 01, 2021 at 09:24 PM

I'm upset that more people were hurt from the hands of firearm owners or from negligent parents who provided firearms to their children. I'm upset at the shooting incident in Michigan. I think they are trying the 15 year-old suspect as an adult, and one of the charges includes terrorism, in addition to murder charges, etc.

Given all the hate going on with many groups against other groups, it makes me both angry and scared that I'd be a target one day. They already had a local shooting where I live, which involved a suspect targeting minorities, which included three fatalities. It was at a mall that I shopped at when I first moved here. I just can't believe how close to home these shootings are.

My best friend was murdered when she was 15 or 16 years old. She was shot in the chest by some man who followed her home. I will never forget the information that her family (her half-sister) shared with me and my family. They never include the non-family friends in the notification requirements before publishing a news article, but thankfully I heard from her family. Still, I find myself going back to that news article every year to read how my best friend was killed. It is there forever.

Unless you have ever been a victim of vicarious trauma and had a deceased loved one's name put in the news - even for just a small few articles that don't even make national news, you will never know what that feels like. It is a painful artifact. It is a painful reminder about grief, loss, and danger.

And even then, as I am aware, I can't imagine the depths of pain that murder victim families must feel when their deceased love one makes national news. It's painful on such deeper levels, I suppose. What's even more painful is either the suspect getting away or the suspect not receiving just deserts for their crimes.

I'm venting because I'm angry and scared for my well-being, my daughter's well-being, my family's well-being, my friends' well-being, and society in general.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, MimiBhaduri0