Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Dec 02, 2021 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocosurviving View Post
Th*nks-Massacre Celebration Aftermath.

6 Adults, 4 Received a Covid Vaccine. My Mama is the Only One Who Received the Booster. 2 Teenagers, 2 Toddlers & 2 Babies Also Attended. My Niece + Her 2 MN Old Baby Have Covid.

I Stopped By Fixed 2 Plates & Immediately Left. My Teenager Did NOT Accompany Me. We Don’t Celebrate Native Indigenous Genocide but Do Observe National Day of Mourning. I Was the Only Person Wearing a [emoji40] Mask. I Am Immunocompromised, I Have NOT Received a Covid Vaccine.

I Explained to My Mama, You Have to Set Boundaries with Everyone Including Family. My Mama is Mad But Was Well Aware, She Invited Family Over Who Have NOT Received a Covid Vaccine + None of Them Wore Masks [emoji40].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree with what you said above, and I am just realizing what Thanksgiving is and how it had affected Native Americans. I was so blindsided by our culture that I had no idea about its history. I'm sorry.

Also, I hope you and your mom are safe. I don't understand how people can go without masks at holiday gatherings. Haven't we lost enough people that way in our nation? Anyway, I pray you and your mom are safe. Indeed, boundaries do need to be set.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Cocosurviving