View Single Post
downandlonely
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2018
10.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 02, 2021 at 01:01 PM

I remember having bad anxiety from a very young age. In first grade, my stomach would be in knots about things like lost pencils. The depression came around 12 when I moved to a new state and had to start middle school with a lot of cliquish kids who looked down on me because I was late to develop physically and also smarter than all of them.

I got diagnosed at 14 and have been on medication ever since (over 25 years). However, major depressive disorder is a chronic condition that can only be treated but not cured.

I do not consider myself average or neurotypical. I do believe I'm on the autism spectrum, but like you have not been diagnosed. I did well in school, and autism was not diagnosed much when I was a kid in the 80s and 90s. I don't have sensory issues and am an extrovert, but I have a very hard time reading non-verbal social cues.

Autism diagnoses in adulthood are not as common, but they are possible. I've been considering trying to get one, even though my psychiatrist doesn't think there's any point.
downandlonely is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Kitto, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
ThunderGoddess