SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Dec 02, 2021 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyTinks View Post
Sorry to hear you're not coping with isolation well. Do you not go out at all or see anyone?

I guess having my dog for company is enough for me, I couldn't deal with people living with me, though I enjoy seeing close family for a couple of hours every month.

I do noticed I feel more 'cooped up' if we've had heavy snow and I couldn't get the dog out on the scooter for a couple of days..though I do go in the garden to throw snowballs for him! ..but we're both desperate to get out on our walk by the time the snow clears!!

Is it safe to go for a walk or run once a day in nature where you are?
I'm sorry you struggle with mobility issues, and that you feel cooped up when you're snowed in.

I work with a rec rehab therapist who walks with me,. I don't feel safe to do so alone - at least not when crowds are out during daylight hours. I don't feel safe in the dark, but I have walked to and from my apartment and the VA Hospital to get labs draw early in the morning - before the sun rises. The lab opens at 6 a.m. The sun doesn't rise until around 7:30 a.m. I get home by around 7 a.m., long before the major morning rush. But I only do that once in a great while. I did that last week. I see my rec rehab therapist on the 17th. I rest in between those periods, because such walks wipe me out. I fear that they will worsen my CFS/ME, so I have to watch it and not overdo it. I might already be overdoing it.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, InkyTinks