Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 02, 2021 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
EXACTLY my sentiments! I mean, they asked me to prepare a presentation for two CONTENT recommendations, so I did. Then the FIRST question the hiring manager asked me once I was done with the presentation was, "did you look at anything technical?" NO - of course I didn't because the instructions involved focusing on CONTENT!

It's seriously irksome and I feel they totally wasted my time.
How disrespectful. Like they think it’s fun fir you or something?

I feel that sometimes employers just don’t look what’s in a resume or pay attention who is coming to an interview.

Years ago I had an interview that I had to take a day off my job at the time and drive an hour. When I got there, I had to wait for a long time but when they finally invited me in they asked me if I by chance have a degree in some languages and if I speak them (I don’t speak them and have no degrees in them). Don’t recall which ones. Just remember it was a weird expectation of someone speaking and having degrees in two unrelated languages. It was like do you speak Japanese and Swedish? Or something

My resume and transcripts and letter of interest listed my degrees and languages. Why on the planet they didn’t even read it? And when I said no they responded “oh that’s too bad, that’s what we really needed.” What???? I just left. Didn’t stay for the interview. Ridiculous
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope

Thanks for this!
Molinit