Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 03, 2021 at 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
How disrespectful. Like they think it’s fun fir you or something?

I feel that sometimes employers just don’t look what’s in a resume or pay attention who is coming to an interview.

Years ago I had an interview that I had to take a day off my job at the time and drive an hour. When I got there, I had to wait for a long time but when they finally invited me in they asked me if I by chance have a degree in some languages and if I speak them (I don’t speak them and have no degrees in them). Don’t recall which ones. Just remember it was a weird expectation of someone speaking and having degrees in two unrelated languages. It was like do you speak Japanese and Swedish? Or something

My resume and transcripts and letter of interest listed my degrees and languages. Why on the planet they didn’t even read it? And when I said no they responded “oh that’s too bad, that’s what we really needed.” What???? I just left. Didn’t stay for the interview. Ridiculous
Well, you know what else he did? The hiring manager practically laughed when no one had any questions after my presentation! He smirked and laughed. I was like, could you be any more disrespectful?!?

That's appalling about your own interview experience. Like why even bother bringing me all this way, and didn't you even read my resume?!?

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Molinit