SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Dec 03, 2021 at 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking Dawn View Post
I wake up to things that have been done all the time. If I have parts or alters, they never talk to me. I have voices all day long every day, but all of them claim that they don't know anything about these mysterious things being done. By the way, while I was typing this, they were yelling at me. Just now they're arguing with each other.

I am so sorry that you and your system are struggling, @Breaking Dawn

We struggled like that, too. But we have a good T who accepted our angry parts and listened to them. Our T also helped the rest of us to understand how to get along with our angry part and vice versa. The angry part is now more of a protector, though there may be some arguments here and there. It's basically a way that our brain is processing a lot of stressful information from the world, and how triggers can bring about a lot of anxiety and other feelings inside. It's hard to decide which direction to go when we are overwhelmed with triggers and/or potential danger. The different parts are probably just doing their best to protect and handle those triggers and/or dangers, some of which we may not even be aware of, which is why we get confused sometimes.

Internal family systems (IFS) therapy has helped us to work together by talking with one another, journaling with one another, etc.

Have you spoken with your T about ways to cope with all the internal stuff going on? It sounds like you and your alters are in a lot of pain right now.

((((safe hugs)))))

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, stahrgeyzer