View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,046 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2021 at 01:32 PM

I am trying to pay less attention to things, but it is hard. For so long last year and earlier this year, you had to be alert because they were constantly jerking us around through the different phases of the "step by step" Covid lockdowns restrictions. And, of course the rules of what you could do in each step seemed to be changing all the time.

Well, we can add Chile to the list. The first Omicron case was just reported in Valparaíso.

@BreakForTheLight - We have had some silly ones too. At one point they announced that restaurants could not play music. After much mockery, the Health Ministry backtracked and said that it was just a suggestion. I guess the idea was that people talk louder with music and spread the virus more. Then we had the famous Step 2, which allowed people to circulate during the week, but required quarantine on weekends and holidays. Does the virus know what day of the week it is? Then, when we had lockdowns, they often would affect one municipality but not a contiguous one, even when there tends to me a lot of movement between areas. Basically, people living on one side of a street might be subject to lockdown, while people on the other side of the street were not.

Hugs from:
BreakForTheLight, Discombobulated, SprinkL3, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, SprinkL3, unaluna