View Single Post
DevastatedinAZ

Member Since Nov 2021
Default Dec 04, 2021 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinonit32 View Post
Jeff,

So sorry to hear what you are going through. I feel like you are narrating my future. I was only married for 2 years together for seven so I won't even compare other than the separation. My kids are from my first marriage so I don't have that issue either but they love her so it's tough on them too. I'm still holding out hope but also have it stuck in my head how could we come back from this and do I really want to be with someone that can run away and make it seem like the decision to "try" is so hard.

Having been through a divorce with kids involved, for me, don't get hung up on the personal possessions, keep the kids the number one priority. My parents split when I was young and they were awful to each other. I vowed to not do that hat to my kids. It sounds like you are the level headed, bigger person just don't let her actions pull you down to her level. Hang in there, one day at a time. You will get through it.

Tom
Thanks Tom,

I hope I am not narrating your future. This does not feel good and I fear it may get uglier.

Im reaching that point I believe… How do you decide to get out after being in a marriage so long? She left and is that something I would want back IF she came back?

We put up the tree today and I was overwhelmed with memories of Christmas prior. I saw my youngest tear up a little doing it too. She was quietly sighing getting through hanging stuff up. After, she retreated back to her room. I think we needed to do this and get through it… But its tough.

There is me, my wife and 3 kids in the family… So we have 5 stockings up on the fire place. (not sure that is right)

I am getting hung up on the personal items, literally each one has a memory attached. Its getting me. We decorated the inside of the house today, not because I wanted to, but for the girls to have some sense of normalcy.

You are right. She has been getting quite sh*** lately and it seems to be getting worse so this should be a fun ride. I am trying to take the high road where I can but its not without an emotional price. I’ve been trying for 3 months to fix things to no avail.

Thank you for the positive vibes. I need them. Its going to be a tough Holiday Season this year.

Jeff
DevastatedinAZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote