BreakForTheLight has no updates.

8 yr Member
211 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 06, 2021 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post

@BreakForTheLight were the antivax/lockdown protests a big thing there? I've seen news of them floating around but you can never tell. We had a couple of protests locally but the photos made them seem bigger than they were. Also the no dancing rule reminded me of my youth - due to zoning laws, there were some music venues that would not allow dancing, one in particular I went to frequently. You could stand and sway a bit but you would get yelled at for doing much more!

How much transmission ever even happened in stores? I hear about it happening in workplaces and at personal events, like weddings. Can't we change our policies now that we know more?
Eh, I've heard about protests against the restrictions but to be honest, I don't think people pay much attention to those idiots anymore. It's been going on since the start.

There were some riots in NL recently but that was mostly hooligans using the corona restrictions as an excuse to destroy things

You can never really know with 100% certainty where you caught something I guess. Over here masks are still required in stores and generally you're only there for a short amount of time and not that close to people so I think transmission in stores would be quite low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
It’s the same here at the moment @hvert mandatory masks on public transport and stores everywhere else anything goes. I do think bars and restaurants are higher risk than stores, people are there longer and face to face, often very close.

I think I the reason behind it isn’t exactly science but economics- hospitality can’t really function or thrive with masks and less people in. Stores are essential, they have to keep open whatever happens - supermarkets didn’t get the government support like hospitality had to. So if they make it difficult for hospitality they’ll need to give government support again - and they really don’t want to do that.
It's absolutely economics - they're not even pretending it's anything else in NL.

So that interview I mentioned I had to test for a while ago.... I am starting a new job in January and I'm so relieved to get out of customer service! But also sad about all the co-workers I never even got to meet because I've been working almost completely from home for the past 2 years

Hugs from:
hvert, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, hvert, rechu, SprinkL3