Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 07, 2021 at 04:04 PM

Hi @Zrichmond - welcome to MSF My Support Forums. I am sorry for the loss of your long term relationship. That sounds like it must be so challenging after so many years together.

I am looking at the practical things. Do you have a home to stay in that you can afford? Do you have any friends or relatives that might put you up for a little while so you can get a change of scenery. The house you are in probably has tons of memories. Of course with Covid, that may be a consideration.

Some people I know do a redesign and redecorate their house they are staying in. Some sell the house and make a fresh start.

I think a therapist might be a help just to have a trusted person to confide in and help you feel like you are not all alone in coping with this. Support groups can also be helpful and many have Zoom online meetings.

I find a routine helps me so I do exercises on youtube including Adrienne Complete Beginners Yoga and Five minute Tai Chi.

I am finding when I practice being aware of what I am doing in this moment, it gives me relief from the tirade of thoughts that can flow through my mind.

When you have 5 approved posts (you have one as of this posting) you can visit the chat room. https://mysupportforums.org/chat

Feel free to send a personal message to me and or reply to this thread with my tag in your post @CANDC

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote