Quietmind 2
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2020
8 hugs
given
Default Dec 07, 2021 at 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcro003 View Post
thanks guys. google told me that salt water rinses helps with the pain, and it was miraculous! the pain is 90% gone. But I still need to get my wisdom teeth taken out at the end of the month. I can't even think about that right now, way too terrified.
See if you can get conscious sedation or general anaesthesia?

I told the dentist I've ptsd and would like certain accommodations. He agreed and noted non judgementally that my dental anxiety was off the charts and obvious during scaling and polishing.

Since he said I needed an oral surgeon anyway due to badly impacted wisdom teeth, he put that in my referral memo.

The oral surgeon did a quick check and basically said general anaesthesia. Recovery after GA was way harder than my fears of never waking up after being put under, tbh.

Took me a week to recover after having all 4 wisdom teeth removed though! Reddit's r/wisdomteeth is friendly.

As for the bill...well...it was high... but I figure it'd cost more over time if I kept ignoring my wisdom teeth or cracked teeth due to teeth grinding in my sleep. Happened to a friend - 2 cracked teeth.

I managed to get help from my sister (she's got a wealthy husband) for the copay after deductions from my 'insurance' account. (Don't know how to explain it without revealing my country.) As I couldn't afford the copay.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, SlumberKitty, unaluna