View Single Post
Victoria'smom
Legendary

Member Since Apr 2012
5,445 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 08, 2021 at 07:58 AM

Even if I'm completely cured some how I will still see a therapist just as a check in maybe down to 3-4x a year. It's just the nature of my illness. My goal is to get down to 3 x a year. Right now I'm w/o a therapist. I've come a long way. My pdoc use to tell me that it's not about how much souport you need ( or don't) it's about quality of life. For me if I was still having negative thoughts I'd have to work on that. It's not about how much your symptoms effect others which seems to be where you might be but how content we are. How much we can sit and just be and breathe. When our problems become ant hills, speed bumps that we can just shake are heads and go that's f'd up but don't feel anything more then that.

If you when you feel ready start moving your appointments out. Every 2 weeks, then every 3 weeks, then every 4, then 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks then 12. I would move it back every 3rd appointment. That way if ***** does hit the fan I can call for an emergency appointment. And then slowly taper again. Will I be in therapy my whole life probably but I'll be less frequent and look different. Will I ever hold a full time job? Probably not but I'm still working towards it.

Daughter- mood disorder+

Comfortable broken and happy

"So I don't know why I'm tongue tied At the wrong time when I need this."- P!nk
My blog
Victoria'smom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, downandlonely, Fuzzybear, ThunderGoddess

Thanks for this!
ThunderGoddess