View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 08, 2021 at 06:49 PM

Hello Measly Steps World. Congrat's D on reaching your Nanowrimo goal.

I'm not much on social media either. Well not quite. I'm here, I'm on Meet-up (about a dozen groups, of which I attend maybe 3) plus co-organizing one on liberating structures, and grudgingly on linkedin.

My personal distaste is the enormous amount of time they take. Just email runs to hours per week. And another peeve is the incredible shrinking "canvas" to communicate with—like the limit to a tweet. People even alert you with TL;DR (too long, don't read).

I cannot watch most music videos now because they're cut to MTV's standard, which is no shot lasts more than a couple of seconds. Oh, come on.

I'm curious D what you would call the messages flowing through twitter. Let's see, we had letters, then telegrams, then email, tweets, & text. In Africa we had drums, Native Americans had smoke signals. Even the Vatican has smoke signals when picking a Pope.

What are my current steps a day? None, I'm Off Duty! Till Monday to celebrate my birthday. I've started a dive into comedy and comic writing to support a friend who's doing beginner stand up. So that's a thing, but no commitment or due dates.

Checking in to clock out, Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3