View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 09, 2021 at 07:29 AM

We also have a new HR woman at work. FINALLY. She is meeting with every one of us to get to know us and to hear about what's been happening within the company. Most everyone is mentioning the stress level being high, and I did too.

I went so far as to criticize my CEO to her by saying he misrepresents my work to our clients and therefore, our clients misunderstand what it is we do. They expect immediate results because that's the false expectation he has set, and when they don't see those results quickly enough, they start to question the value of our work.

Well, if my CEO understood my specific niche within digital marketing better, he would explain that my work takes longer for results to show. I didn't tell her that part, but I did mention that he misrepresents my line of work to clients.

I also told her that I am also expected to accomplish tasks beyond my skill level and knowledge and that it creates great stress and frustration for me. Like with one of my clients, I am expected to write sales copy for Web pages, but that really isn't my skill set or my field of expertise. That would be a Web copywriter's expertise, and I am not a Web copywriter. I was never trained to write sales copy for Web pages. It's ridiculous. IF they want me to do that and accomplish it successfully, then PAY for me to take courses at least!!!! I am frustrated even just writing about it.

I also spoke of the lack of leadership within my department that has persisted for nearly three years since I was first hired.

So, I basically complained to the new HR person without realizing that I was doing so. It probably was evident that I am not happy. It all just kind of came out, and before I knew it, I was telling her a lot of my complaints.

And, in my second tenure now - it's been eight months - all I've experienced are headaches with each one of my clients rather than great success. Every client of mine has an issue that I cannot seem to resolve, despite my best efforts. It's depressing and maddening for me, so each day I work is most painful because it's yet another headache and issue that I encounter with my clients.

I am SO burnt out in my company. Every day is a massive chore there. Then I go to bed, wake up and have to face the headaches all over again. I feel I am living in a nightmare.

I am on edge waiting to schedule this interview.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Molinit