View Single Post
MuseumGhost
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2012
12.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 09, 2021 at 02:13 PM

Inky, I'm so sorry. I had to deal with all of this alone, myself, too.

On top of that, the first GP I had here in Canada was a nightmare woman who is clearly never going to win any Albert Schweitzer awards for Humanitarianism.

Your post has really got me thinking. I have seen links between menopause and mental health concerns myself. Many acquaintances developed issues in their 40's and 50's. The vast majority of them were absolutely minor (though frightening, as they were new to these people) and treatable, or were situations that would remedy themselves once menopause wrapped itself up. Hormones, or their sudden absence, can be very powerful things.

Perhaps try and journal, and keep a written record of your symptoms. If you can see patterns happening, it's easier to nail down what the cause might be when you do get to see a medical professional.

Memory challenges can come with depression, too. This was very very upsetting to me. I also, terrifyingly, suffered cognitive slowing, and was horribly worried I would lose certain parts of myself forever when I was undiagnosed. The medication I finally received helped, but very, very slowly; and I'm relieved to say I've gotten a good part of myself back, but the pace was glacial, in my experience. Thank goodness I made wonderful, understanding friends who helped me enormously through this time.

The Internet did also practically save my life and sanity several times. There is a wealth of info there on legit medical sites.

Please do stay safe! I completely understand your Covid concerns. I have skipped having other, minor (but still worrisome) things seen to---I think an awful lot of people have. You are definitely not alone in this!

This is a good, secure place to glean info; but sadly, the Boards are nowhere near as lively as they used to be. But good people still do care!

Feel free to PM me, anytime you'd like. I'll happily help as much as I can.

Last edited by MuseumGhost; Dec 09, 2021 at 03:14 PM..
MuseumGhost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, InkyTinks, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, InkyTinks, SprinkL3