View Single Post
Froishwayish
Newly Joined

Member Since Dec 2021
5 hugs
given
Default Dec 09, 2021 at 05:52 PM

I had a recent rupture with a new therapist I was seeing for 2 -3 months to the point of termination (just a few weeks ago), to which I realized that it may have mostly been my fault due to the fact that I was afraid to look deep into my trauma as well as having too high expectations from the therapist herself among other things from my own actions. I feel as if great disservice to myself and for what I had put her through, which thus decided to take a break. During break. I realized that many issues stemmed from my own issues with trusting, people pleasing, PTSD, and even abandonment issues (which may be the cause of what I am somewhat currently am going through). I want to write a thoughtful email as to what I did was wrong in my end and explain as to why I wasn’t a "good match" due to my own intrusive thoughts, projections, judgements of others, feelings, and issues rather than looking deep into them and understanding why. I want to send a deep heartfelt email and in hopes one day to work with her again. She has been most useful during our times in session, but I was too afraid to admit or expected too much of “being comforting” even though she did the best she could and provided the space to do so.
Froishwayish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ScarletPimpernel, Waterbear